1. Visit The Windmill – like a giant farm, food, and craft fair. Go hungry – the food is awesome.
2. Go to Seneca Farms – best homemade ice cream in the world & wonderful chicken too
3. After all this eating, go hiking! The Outlet Trail from Penn Yan takes you along the outlet that leads from Keuka Lake to Seneca Lake. Or go to Watkins Glen and hike the gorge and see the waterfalls (especially pretty this time of year)
4. Pick some apples or pumpkins at one of the many farms in the area. Buy some apple cider – yummy! The Wager Cider Mill also makes their own homemade cider donuts – my mouth is watering just thinking about them. Go to a corn maze and outrace your friends to the finish.
5. Outrace your friends (or your dad) at the Go Karts
6. Ride your bike around the roads surrounding the campus and the lake - do your own leaf peeping tour while you get some exercise and burn off all of the calories gained from the ice cream and donuts mentioned above.
7. Travel to Hammondsport at the southern tip of Keuke Lake. Nice shops and good places to eat (check out the candy at The Cinnamon Stick).
8. Enjoy a boat tour of the lake.
9. Go to Hayes Auction Barn just north of the hospital in Penn Yan. They serve wonderful pies and you can get some great deals on things (the people watching there is really fun too – I love to see what people are so intent to buy that they go into a bidding frenzy!)
10. Attend some of the many festivals in the area - The Grape Festival, The Appleumpkin Festival, The Scarecrow Festival – like everything else mentioned above – really fun and feature the most important item – great food.